The webinar will look at the history of carbon pricing for international shipping, the options on the table for the International Maritime Organization (IMO), and the outlook for the upcoming years, with panellists discussing what needs to happen for shipping to decarbonise in line with the Paris Agreement and how carbon pricing can support this transition.
- Isabelle Rojon, Principal Consultant, University Maritime Advisory Services (moderator)
- Aoife O’Leary, Director, Environmental Defense Fund
- Diane Gilpin, Founder and CEO, Smart Green Shipping Alliance
- Rasmus Bach Nielsen, Global Head of Wet Freight, Trafigura
- John Butler, President and CEO, World Shipping Council